Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Late Night Thoughts...

I laid in bed last night tossing and turning as a lot of thoughts came to my mind.

What if we get put here for our assignment…
What if I get preggo right when he leaves…
What if… what if…what if…

I’m sure you’ve all been there. But then my mind switched gears. I started thinking about how the Army is so unique because its Soldiers are completely unique. When I was younger I used to think that all soldiers were body builders and would scream in my face. I’m sure I got my accurate information from Saved by the Bell at some point.

But the more I’ve been exposed to Soldiers, I see that they all carry themselves in a way that shows the balance of being part of a team while maintaining their own traits. They are men and women in uniform, not uniform men and women.

There are sensitive soldiers, macho soldiers, tall soldiers, short soldiers, married soldiers, single soldiers, daddy soldiers, granddaddy soldiers, doctor soldiers, lawyer soldiers, infantry soldiers, career soldiers, short-timer soldiers, stubborn soldiers¸ “type A” soldiers, and “go with the flow” soldiers. I think you get my point.

There are not many careers you can be a part of where you work with people with different backgrounds, different personalities, and different specialties. Just another reason being part of the Army is so amazing! I’m going to go drink a lot of coffee now.

Love to you,
  Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment