Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

Happy birthday, Kate!! Today is her birthday, and we couldn't let the day pass without acknowledging it on her latest and greatest brain storm! Below are some of my favorite things about Kate. Chime in with well-wishes and your favorite things about our dear friend, too.

1. When I speak of Kate I always add, "You know, Kate, my first Army friend." This is how all of my friends know her and although I try to stop saying that it always seems to slip out.

2. Kate has a keen eye for beautiful things. She is a great shopping partner for anything from clothes to curtain fabric to antiques ... she loves them all.

3. I met Kate when she was pregnant with Cullen, and although our first meeting had no indication that she loved wine .. she does. She loves a vineyard on a sunny day and a good glass of wine before, and with, dinner routinely.

Kate has turned into one of mine, and Martha's, best friends. A person who we can trust to be honest and hear our version of the "what ifs" and "if/thens" throughout this Army life. She loves to play the game, too, and although those games are sometimes fun, they are never easy. Thank you for hanging by our sides, Kate. We are excited to see what the next assignment holds for you and your family!

Enjoy your day, Kate!
Ginna

5 comments:

  1. Ginna everything you said is perfect! Kate has become one of my best friends as well and I think a lot of that is that she never tires for her friends, she is so loyal, and she is the most empathetic friend you can have. She really does cry with me when I'm crying and laughs with me when I'm laughing.
    I love how passionate she is, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET KATE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been enjoying Daffodil's as well as Three Little Army Wives. Katie, you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your day is beautiful and fabulous! Celebrate BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet birthday blog! I had a wonderful week, made great bby such wonderful friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'm not an army wife or family member I love the blog and get so much out of it. This post reminded me of our (Ginna and mine) Aunt Margie. She's a navy wife and she STILL to this day, talks of her navy friends and her best navy friends are the ones from the first stations in Bayonne NJ and Norfolk. I'm sure that in 50 years Ginna will still refer to ya'll as her first "army friends". Pat Crews

    ReplyDelete