Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Rookie!

Hello friends! I'm Martha, aka the rookie of the three little army wives. My husband and I met in college and have been married over four years. I'm a mental health counselor and Sam is a lawyer. My husband Sam and I began conversations about joining the Army about.... five years ago. My husband wanted to join so badly but he had already signed up for law school. I, being the understanding wife that I am, would cry and stomp my feet every time he would talk about joining the service. Truth be told, I knew nothing about the Army life and it scared the heck out of me.

After a few years of talking (arguing) about it, Sam finally looked at me and told me that joining the Army was not a boyish dream, it was his call and I needed to pray about it. Well, I prayed and it was an immediate transformation. I was ready to answer that call with my husband. And my heart could not have been more excited about it.

In his last year of law school he applied to JAG Corps. We heard that over 5,000 people applied for less than 100 spots in the US so we knew it was a long shot. Then we got the call that Sam was one of the 100!! That moment is honestly one of the happiest moments of our marriage. So, now we're waiting.
He is slated to start in February but we're praying for a miracle that he gets into the October class (he's on the waitlist) and we're waiting for our assignment. I never thought I'd be counting down the days to start this Army adventure but I am! These two ladies that are with me on this blog have become my dearest friends and I'm so grateful for them. I'm grateful that I get front row seats to watch my husband live out his dream. Thanks for reading our blog and we're ecstatic about the new adventure of our book.

Me and my stud at the beach                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment