Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hello, from the Last Frontier!

Good morning! I am Ginna, and I have been an Army wife for the past two and a half years. My handsome groom, Tyler, and I met while attending Wake Forest University in North Carolina (Go Deacs!). Tyler was at Wake on an ROTC scholarship, so I was fully aware of his excitement for and commitment to the Army before we began dating. At first, the idea of coming into the Army beside him was a bit scary .. so much so that I didn't date him at first. Through lots of prayer and conversation, he finally won my heart and I was excited to begin this life with him. 


Upon graduation in May of 2008, we were married and began our life together in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Tyler was a recruiter for the ROTC department at Wake before heading to Army schools in the Fall. After spending two months apart we packed up our stuff and moved on to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri where Tyler would finish school in March of 2009.


This was our little home in Missouri. We were fortunate enough to live on Fort Leonard Wood, and we quickly discovered how much we like living on post. The community that surrounds you is so fun, and the fact that Tyler comes home for breakfast and lunch is absolutely wonderful! At the end of March 2009, we were on the move again; our stuff was packed and we drove thousands of miles to Fort Richardson, Alaska.


We are still in Alaska, but time is moving quickly toward our date to leave. Tyler has had many wonderful, unique experiences here, and together we have made many, many wonderful friends.

Thank you for taking this journey with Kate, Martha and me. We look forward to sharing our experiences, trials and excitement with you as we travel down the Army road. It is nice to meet you all, take care!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Woo! Missouri what!? I'm from KC and miss it dearly! We were *almost* stationed at Fort Richardson then got switched to Fort Drum.

    ReplyDelete