Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/11

I was a freshman in college and walking through the dining hall to get my daily smoothie when I saw a crowd of students gathered around the television. I remember being filled in and feeling as though I couldn't breath for fear that another plane would hit. I ran back to my dorm room and kept the television on as I was praying for my friends in NYC and for their families. I thought it was personal then...

I want to be honest with yall and tell you that I do not feel worthy of this blog or the book with my amazing two friends who have already sacrificed so much. You see, we are at the very beginning of our journey. My husband is in the JAG Corps but we have not received our assignment nor has he left for training yet. We haven't experienced the tremendous sacrifice that you all have. However, September 11 was one of the most pivotal days in my husband's life. He says that because of that day and his desire to protect what he is proud of is the reason he went to law school and to join the JAG Corp. He felt an urgency for justice.

I am in awe of the sacrifices that were made on and since September 11 as our country became one and lifted each other up. I hope we remember those that we lost that day and continue to join hands and lift each other up.

-- Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment