Monday, September 13, 2010

Meet Kate!

Hi Friends! Thank you so much for taking interest in our new blog. I hope that it will be a great resource for understanding life in the Army and let's be honest, a few minutes of daily entertainment. This week, we all will be posting a little about ourselves. Since we have three authors, we thought it woudl be useful for you to have some insight into who we are and how we got here.

I'm Kate and although some of you may know me by Katie, since my husband and most people who know me well call me Kate, we are going with that here. I have been an Army Wife since March 2007. Kevin and I met through our families several years ago, but really got close during the second half of his first deployment. I was finishing my last semester at Auburn University and ran home from class every day to check my email and hope to catch him on yahoo chat. I graduated from college at the same time he returned safely from Iraq and after only six months we were enaged, despite our relationship being long distance from DC to Savannah. We were married 7 months after that and husband looked o-so-handsome in his blues.


Six weeks after that day, Kev headed to Kansas and prepared to deploy again. We didn't live in the same city until we had been married for almost a year and a half. We welcomed our beautiful son into the world in May of 09 and you can check out my personal blog for many, many, many more pictures of him!


In the past 2 years, we have had some much welcomed stability with Kev being an ROTC instructor. We decided just 3 weeks ago that he would remain in the Army as a career and are anxiously awaiting our next assignment.

So that is the cliff notes version of my life as an Army Wife. Although I have not had a 'normal' experience so far (since I stayed in DC while he was gone, and for the past 2 years we have been in a university setting), I have really enjoyed being a part of this community. I cherish the friends I have made (especially the two lovely ladies that will be introducing themselves shortly) and have so much respect for all our service men and women and their families.

I hope through this blog, I will continue to learn more about Army Life, about my own strengths and weaknesses, and hope to meet more wonderful friends and supporters of the military. Thanks again for checking us out! Don't forget to follow us, leave comments and share your blog if you would like us to add it to our roll.

-Kate

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to keeping up with your journey, and gaining insights from your experience.

    ReplyDelete