Monday, November 1, 2010

I Want to Ride in the Passanger Seat

Recently, Kate suggested that I write about the things and chores that I cannot wait to pass off to Tyler upon his return. When the soldier is away, everything, yes everything, falls on the shoulders of the spouse who stays behind. Tyler and I make a pretty good team, but for now, life does not become too overwhelming in the chores department when he leaves. If anything, I have fewer clothes to wash, fewer dishes to put away and less to "pick-up" around the house. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved it if HE were home when the smoke detectors started beeping every three minutes at one in the morning four nights after he left, I would love it if HE were here to change the two light-bulbs that magical went out weeks after he left or for HIM to start the grill when the wind has blown out the pilot light. Those are the moments that seem to be the most frustrating for me; moments where he would swoop in and fix the problem instantly and then we'd move on with life. Those are the moments that catch me off-guard and get me down the most.

During Tyler's absences I have come to realize that out of all of the things or chores that I long to pass back off to him, driving ranks pretty close to number one. I love to drive, I always have, but now I love the passenger seat. Tyler drives us everywhere and that is the thing that I am most excited to tag-team back to him. He enjoys driving, and I am a-okay letting him have that position in our family. For the past four months I can count on two hands how many times I have sat in the passenger seat, a position that I have come to love, and I cannot wait to get that seat back upon his return!

Have a Monday!! 
- Ginna

No comments:

Post a Comment